Get Rid of Dull Skin in these simple steps:
Get Rid of Dark Lack Lustre Skin in these simple steps:
1. Hydrate: Drink lots of water, though it might be raining at this time of the year, but technically, we are in the dry season, so our skin tends to loose lots of water during this season, so, you would be doing your skin lots of good when you drink enough water.
2. Reduce Stress: I know its not easy to balance everything, but lets remember that stress is not good for our skin as it causes the hormone cortisol to increase, and this hormone negatively affects blood flow to the skin , so try to de-stress by watching a movie, doing yoga, meditating or just lying down for about 20minutes during the day. You can also visit the Spa and enjoy a relaxing session to de-stress and re-energize
3. Go Easy on Make-up: Let your skin breathe sometimes, give your skin a break from make-up every now and then. Because, make-up ingredients might clog pores and make your face look dull or even cause break-outs. Also, never sleep with your make-up on, always use oil cleansers to deep cleanse your makeup at night, to prevent pore clogging (click here to learn a simple trick on how to remove oil make-up).
4. Exfoliate: Exfoliating helps to remove dry dead skin cells, therefore, giving room to a fresh and supple complexion, it also helps with penetration of quality skincare products. So, try to exfoliate at least once a week to reveal a fresh new skin.
5. Always Cleanse your face at Night: This would help remove environmental pollutants that would have settled on your face during the day, and these pollutants can clog your pores and make your face look tired and dull. So, you would be doing your a face a world of good when you wash your face to remove any form of dirt before going to sleep every night. Use a good soap (this African black soap can be used as a face wash).
6. Get Some Seep: I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase ‘Beauty Sleep’, yes, exactly what you need. Get some ‘Beauty Sleep’. Magic happens when we get a good night sleep, our skin cells are repaired and regenerated during sleep, so don’t underestimate the power of good night sleep when it comes to getting a glowing and beautiful complexion
7. Moisturize Regularly: I have heard many women say, I don’t have time to cream my body, please, create time to cream your body, use a good moisturizing cream(this moisturizing fadecream does a good job), after every shower, to seal in moisture and nourish the skin other skin loving nutrients.
8. Eat Healthy: We were taught to eat healthy from primary school, I tell you that nothing beats a balanced diet, you are actually what you eat, so eat well and see the reflection on your skin. Avoid sugary, salty and processed meals, as these food can replace nutrient dense food that would benefit our skin and overall well being
Following these eight tips would greatly enhance your appearance and general well-being. Always remember that ‘Beautiful Appearance’ also requires paying attention to our overall well being. Stay Beautiful always